There has not been a study on the word ὥσπερ or ὡσεὶ (as) in the Book of Acts Chapter 2 by using Cognitive Linguistic Analysis theorem. Employing a method of interpretation based on such a theory, this study explores the meaning of the words. The hypothesis is the word ὥσπερ or ὡσεὶ.signify the complexity of the Holy Spirit’s role and the the Spirit’s agility. The finding shows that the Holy Spirit has multiple roles and agility beyond human word can describe. However, the Spirit’s main role is guide people to the Lordship of Christ, to transform the disciples to become courageous persons, people with the ability to communicate across borders, and to have agility in following God’s guidance to create real impacts in the society. The church that the Spirit dwells in and leads should possess such fluidity and multiple roles as the Holy Spirit.
- Benedict XVI. Ratzinger, Joseph. “The Holy Spirit as Communio: Concerning the Relationship of Pneumatology and Spirituality in Augustine | Articles | Communio.” Accessed March 26, 2021. https://www.communio-icr.com/articles/view/the-holy-spirit-as-communio.
- Burkett, Delbert. An Introduction to the New Testament and the Origins of Christianity (Introduction to Religion). Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2002.
- Chandra, Robby Igusti, and Elia Tambunan. “STUDI PERSEPSI MASYARAKAT KRISTEN : Perbedaan Pandang Gereja-Gereja Jabotabek Atas Roh Kudus” 3, no. 1 (2019): 26–54.
- Evans, Vyvyan, and Melanie Green. Cognitive Linguistics: An Introduction. Cognitive Linguistics: An Introduction, 2006.
- Gelpi, Donald L. “The Theological Challenge of Charismatic Spirituality.” Pneuma 14, no. 1 (January 12, 2010): 185–97. doi:10.1163/157007492x00140.
- Hur, Ju. A Dynamic Reading of the Holy Spirit in Luke-Acts. JContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd. London, UK: Continuum International Publishing Group Ltd, 2001.
- Jipp, Joshua W. “The Acts of the Apostles: Interpretation, History and Theology. By Osvaldo Padilla.” The Journal of Theological Studies 68, no. 1 (April 1, 2017): 317–19. doi:10.1093/jts/flx087.
- Lakoff, G., and M. Johnson. “Conceptual Metaphor in Everyday Language.” In Shaping Entrepreneurship Research (Eds, Saras D. Sarasvathy, Nicholas Dew, Sankaran Venkatarama), 475–504. Abingdon on the Thames: Routledge, 2020. doi:10.4324/9781315161921-21.
- Lakoff, George. George Lakoff and Mark Johnsen ( 2003 ) Metaphors We Live by . London : The University of Chicago Press . Noter Om Layout : Innholdsfortegnelse i Word : Journal of Philosophy, 2003.